
the house is pretty much done. I've worked hard for months, trying to coordinate everything, so here are some pics:
Rayya playing on the computer:
I straightened Susu's hair:
Metallic in BR: You can't walk in w/0 reminiscing about Saturday Night Fever (one of my favorite movies, btw, hence, the choice)
Suraya approves:The green helps to mute the Bee Gee overtones:


Our garden:

Party for the girls:
Riding bikes (um, trying to lose all that weight)
I gave my final exam today. I have found that it is quite difficult to grade papers. In fact, it takes me about 20 minutes to slog through a four page paper. I feel the need to justify the grade, so I write a ton of comments. The school year is officially finished. I began working on my dissertation proposal today. Sean and I had a long talk about the chapters that I should include. I felt more than overwhelmed at the end, but at least the process has begun, slowly but "un"surely. Psychologically, the most difficult thing is to haul myself to the library, which I am going to do in the morning.
I saw my dad over the weekend; it was a sad meeting, for he pleaded with me to finish before he passes. He is not sick or anything, but he is growing old. After this conversation, Sean has been pleading with me to get serious. I am trying--it just doesn't come that easy for me. I think the whole task is daunting.
Over the weekend, I attended two graduation parties--one for my step-sister's daughter, and another for a friend from high-school. I contemplated not going as I gained a bunch of weight while studying for comps. Curiosity got the best of me, and I went. I had so much fun. I had forgotten how funny my HS friend, Tami, was. We laughed a lot.
Now we are off to Ohio. Afterwards, it is time to diet (yeah, right) and get moving on this proposal.
Pics to share:

3 comments:
your house looks wonderful, and i'm glad you had a good time at the parties.
just break it down, cath. it won't seem as daunting. ie: this week i am going to write a chapter titled "X". and don't think about the rest of it in the meantime. otherwise, the thought of having to write a million pages will incapacitate you.
Thanks for the words of advice Nour; they are so true. I am slowly, but surely starting. hope all is well with you! We are still trying to get up to Michigan!
Post a Comment