Tuesday, August 21, 2007

As summer wans

This summer has been quite busy, what with my daily (but thankfully, only one hour long) teaching job, get-togethers, trips to the beach, vacations, and the like. And then there's the constant guilt of neglecting the ever-looming proposal deadline. To be fair, I've been able give this a bit of time in the last few weeks.

I TAed for Arabic II this summer, and we kicked off the 10 week session with a dinner party here (see pictures below). During the session, we managed to escape for a fabulous vacation with our friends, M and L. We are off on another vacation in just a few days to see my dad. We will be doing lots of outdoor stuff, including boating and visiting the springs! After we return, InshaAllah, I will post pics of both outings.

As summer winds down, we are getting ready to teach again. I start this Thursday--I've been working on the syllabus all week. Sean, for his part, has been working on several articles and his dissertation. His first article, which was accepted 2 years ago (yah, this field is slow), should be appearing Der Islam anytime.


Pictures: to my great dismay, they went in backwards, so forgive me for the lack of logical chronology.


Party prep, 3:00 p.m.:



Relief that it all came together, 7:30 p.m.


The star of the party (she was locked up, but we figured, what the hey):



the ever-attention seeking tello:













That's all she wrote:

1 comment:

Laurie said...

i love sureya's hair pulled up like that!